'Tis the season for holiday shopping! As the gifting season approaches, many of us start to feel the stress of finding the perfect presents for our loved ones. All while balancing the family gatherings, cooking and baking, and of course, those wonderful DIY holiday projects we have to do. But don't worry; we've got you covered. This year, simplify your holiday lists from the to-do's, gifting, grocery shopping, and crafting by following my tips. This post is jam-packed so buckle up, my friend, to help you build the only holiday shopping list you will need this holiday season.
5 Holiday Stressors and How to Avoid Them
If you're like most people, the holiday season is a time of joy and building memories while balancing all the stress and anxiety that can come with it. There's so much to do and so little time to do it. But don't worry, I am here to help. Follow my tips and tricks to relax and enjoy the holiday season.
1. Start early: Don't wait until the last minute to start your holiday shopping. This will only add to your stress levels. Begin planning and shopping early to take your time and avoid the holiday rush.
2. Make a list: This may seem obvious, but it's important to write a list of who you need to buy gifts for. This will help you stay organized and focused while you're holiday shopping.
3. Set a budget: It's easy to get caught up in the holiday spirit and overspend. To avoid this, set a budget for each person on your list. This will help you stay on track and not break the bank.
4. Support Local: Try to support local businesses this holiday season. This is a great way to find unique gifts and help your community.
5. Take breaks: Shopping can be overwhelming, especially during the holiday season. When you start to feel overwhelmed, take a break. Go for a walk, have a cup of coffee, or step away from the holiday madness for a few minutes.
Have Less Stress During Your Holiday Shopping
The holiday season is when family, friends, and loved ones get together to celebrate. It's also when many people go into debt or feel stressed out from all the holiday shopping. This year, simplify your holiday shopping list with these 3 tips.
1. Grab the list you made of who you need to buy for and add 2-3 ideas of what you would like to get next to the budget. This will help you stay focused while shopping and keep you from overspending.
2. If you have some people on your list with less expensive budgets, go with a DIY craft gift. I always love to receive what someone has created for me.
3. Shop Online with your favorite small businesses; supporting their doors staying open and getting a gift that is personal for your loved ones
Indulge in a Little Holiday Self-Care to Prevent Shopping Fatigue
The holiday season is a wonderful but hectic time of year. To avoid holiday shopping fatigue, taking care of yourself is important. Indulge in some holiday self-care by doing things that make you happy. Whether taking a long bath, reading your favorite book, or going for a walk in the park, make sure to do something that brings you joy. Drink plenty of water, and snack on healthy foods to keep your energy levels up. And when you start to feel overwhelmed, step away from the holiday madness for a few minutes to clear your head. This will help you relax and recharge to enjoy the holiday season.
LET'S PLAN THE MENU AND GET TO THE GROCERS
Now with all the holiday shopping and gifting going on, we, of course, have the family gatherings and holiday parties! If you're feeling a little overwhelmed, don't worry; I've got you covered on this too!
First, let's plan your menu! You know, turkey, ham, stuffing, potatoes, etc. Wine, charcuterie boards, and more. I pull my recipes together first and build out my grocery list. I plan it out by the stores I need to go to and the days that aren't as busy. I have two absolute favorite Thanksgiving recipes for you if you want to try something new this year. We have all tried green bean casserole, right? In our family, we make a to die for Asparagus Casserole. We also do a simple 4 ingredient rice that my family can't get enough of. And in the spirit of the holidays, I want to gift you these recipes. Hit the download to have them sent to your inbox now!
Make a list of everything you'll need for each dish you plan on serving and any decor items you'll need to spruce up your home. Once you know what you need, it's time to start shopping! I tend to make a game plan to keep track of my budget and time for a multiple-store grocery shop. I start by looking at store ads and coupons to see what's on sale and where I can get the best deal. I aim to shop on days the produce is delivered to be fresh for my recipes and on midweek to beat the weekend shopping crowds.
3 holiday DIY gifts that Can Be Made in an Hour or Less Using Fusion Mineral Paint
2. Ornaments cast in resin using my IOD Baubles Mold are a perfect gift for everyone! It is one they will enjoy for years to come!
3. A holiday sign - Choose a holiday-themed saying or phrase, and paint it onto a piece of wood or canvas using Fusion Mineral Paint. Add some holiday decorations around the edges of the sign for an extra festive
Interested in learning more about these simple Gift Tags and Ornaments? Join me in my virtual classroom during my upcoming workshop, "Creating Baubles."
'Tis the season to be jolly! The holiday season is upon us, so it's time to start thinking about holiday shopping. I truly hope you can try some of these stress-free tips, DIY gifting ideas, and maybe my holiday recipes too. I would love to know your thoughts in the comments below.